Monday, April 29, 2013

Copyright

Ted Talk Youtube and Copyright
In this video, I learned that Youtube checks for copyrights from every single video that is uploaded. That means, that in one day, one-hundred years of video is looked through. Furthermore, in one minutes, twenty hours of video is checked! I also learned that each copyrighted video is more complicated than it seems because one video can have multiple owners and copyrights from each company.

I agree that most video owners benefit greatly when their video is reused. However, if this is the case, then I feel as though I do not agree with copyrights. Many copyrights are loose so their videos can be used and benefit larger corporations. If it benefits so much as to many owners letting copyrights go, why do they exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment