Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Can you hear me now? (ThinkAloud)




The following link will take you directly to the entire list of standards:
ISTE NET S

I have chosen one.

 2. Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments 
     a. Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to        promote student learning and creativity

             The ThinkAloud made me incorporate many digital media components that I was unfamiliar with (Jing, Slide Share, Google Docs, etc.) into one project. To start, researching the big question: should teachers/staff be armed in school? Many children do not think twice about what is big on the news, like myself included. This project allowed me to take things I enjoy (computer) to learn about what is going on in the world around me, the question of teachers being armed. It also helped to contribute to learning reading strategies. I used the strategies to break down the argument of the story and help to read the article faster, but with more control and understanding. Jing allowed me to be creative in helping others follow my trail as I read the article. I could use colorful highlights, arrows, boxes, and text to literally show readers my thought process. I feel like this project has incorporated everything perfectly to show me a whole new way to learn for myself and show others how learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment